Monday, March 22, 2010

219-212

Interesting that President Obama will sign the Health Care Bill tomorrow, March 23, 2010. Well, here is part of another speech that was given March 23, 1775.

...It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace--but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!  Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775

We may have lost the battle, but maybe not the war. I can't see how this bill, as it is written, will pass parlimentary procedures in the Senate or if need be the Supreme Court. I cannot find where the Constitution forces "We the People" to have health insurance.

This was smoke and mirrors and a real trampling of our Constitution. I can point out 219 people right now that will have a hard time if they decide to run for re-election. We humans seem to have short memories, let us not forget this number 219-212 come November 2010 and November 2012.

2 comments:

  1. I really did not think they'd pass that darn thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it would be close, but was hoping that some of the Dems would stand up to the Pelosi/Obama arm twisting. It will be interesting to see what was promised to those that switched from No to Yea!

    ReplyDelete