Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"It's going to be like Christmas"--I wouldn't hold your breath

Gotta Love This

What, I thought the uninsured could not get health care! Isn't that why we had to pass this monster of a bill?


"Flythe was among the patients Monday at the Walltown Clinic, a joint program of Duke University and Lincoln Community Health Center that serves the low-income neighborhoods near Duke's campus. The clinic serves 3,000 to 4,000 patients a year – 80 percent don't have health insurance – and charges co-pays based on what patients can afford."

So, the uninsured can get health care. So why did we need this new bill again?


Norman Rucker said he hasn't had health insurance in almost 10 years because his employers haven't offered it. "I'm not a person who gets sick a lot, so I didn't think I'd need any medicine," said Rucker, who racked up about $100,000 in hospital bills over that period by going to the emergency room whenever he needed care. "I'm trying to pay them off. Collection agencies call me all the time."
For a $100,000, I'm glad he doesn't get sick a lot.
And you have to love his other quote...

"It'll make the world better. It'll make us all better, actually," he said.

I hope he is wrong on this one, but there may be more truth to this than we know. I can see the illegals flooding into America now.

No comments:

Post a Comment